DAY EIGHTEEN – Wisdom. What was the wisest decision you made this year, and how did it play out?
You can probably guess what the answer to this prompt is…
Yup, it was the decision to dance ballroom.
I’ve already talked in detail about why ballroom is so awesome, but the reasons why it was the wisest decision include:
- I met some amazing new friends;
- I’m staying active and being healthy;
- It calms me down when I’m super stressed;
- It’s a fun activity outside of academia;
- The competitions are really fun;
- I’m learning something I can continue for the rest of my life;
- I can dance a foxtrot at my wedding :-D;
- I can show everyone up at other people’s weddings;
- I can dance anywhere I go;
- I get to wear fun costumes;
- I get to wear fake eyelashes and stage makeup again;
- I can learn how to dance in heels for five hours straight;
- I can go social dancing on the weekends;
- and because I LOVE IT.