DAY ELEVEN – Health and Wellness. Health and wellness – What did you do in 2011 to improve your overall health/fitness/wellness? What unhealthy habits would you like to break in the new year? With what healthy habits would you replace them?
This was already relayed in a previous post, so I won’t bore you with the details here, but here are some things I have done in 2011 to help with health/wellness:
- Downloaded the LoseIt! app to keep track of calories and weight
- Started ballroom dancing
- Cooked healthy meals
- Ate less red meat
- Ate more fruits and veggies
Things I need to change in 2012:
- Stop with the saturated fat! Especially cheese, I love cheese, and I’ve been eating SO much pizza, but it’s raising my LDLs (bad cholesterol) numbers.
- Get back into weight training. I’m an Asian women, so I’m high risk for osteoporosis, and I don’t want it! I need to do some free weights to strengthen my bones.
- Stop eating out so much! Cook more. I was doing so well at the beginning of the semester, and well, you know how that goes. I’m hoping with my awesome schedule next semester this can be better accomplished.
I am definitely on a much better path than I was 2 years ago, but I must maintain it and keep it up! Here’s to a healthy and happy 2012!