December 30 – Gift Prompt: Gift. This month, gifts and gift-giving can seem inescapable. What’s the most memorable gift, tangible or emotional, you received this year?
I thought long and hard, and couldn’t think of one tangible gift that I found to be the most memorable this year. The only thing that kept coming to mind are all of the amazing memories I have shared with my friends, new and old. Thus, the most memorable gift I received this year is the gift of friendship. This gift has been given to me in a number of ways, including:
- Deepening my relationships with friends at UMD;
- Reconnecting with old friends from high school and college;
- Reaching out and making new friends via Twitter;
- Meeting amazing young women in UMD’s TVM productions, both in 2010 and now in 2011;
- Making friends with this year’s new cohort at UMD; and
- Making friends in my trip abroad.
As you can see, I was very lucky and received this gift on more than one occasion this year. I couldn’t have asked for a better group of friends, and I look forward to meeting even more people in 2011.