December 22 – Travel. How did you travel in 2010? How and/or where would you like to travel next year?
Thanks to academic conferences, I was able to go to these places:
- Baltimore, MD for the Eastern Communication Association conference. Not very far to travel, but still traveling nonetheless.
- Singapore and Thailand for the International Communication Association conference, which you know plenty about, so I won’t bore you with details here.
- Denver, CO for the Association for Education in Journalism and Mass Communication (AEJMC) conference. Didn’t do that much sightseeing, but had some fun shopping and going to the Cleopatra exhibit at the art museum.
Outside of academia, I also went to these places:
- Atlantic City, NJ to see my boyfriend’s band, War Plan Red, play in a music and film festival.
- New York City, NY to accept my master’s thesis award, but also to visit my friend Peter and get a better sense of what NYC is all about.
Looking forward to 2011, I hope to go to these places:
- Arlington, VA for the Eastern Communication Association conference.
- Boston, MA for the International Communication Association conference.
- St. Louis, MO for the AEJMC conference.
- Fairfax, VA for the (first annual!) DC Health Communication conference.
- New Orleans, LA for the National Communication Association conference
…and maybe some places outside of academic conferences so I can actually have a vacation and relax?