December 13 – Action. When it comes to aspirations, it’s not about ideas. It’s about making ideas happen. What’s your next step?
My top 2011 goal? To get published in the Journal of Public Relations Research. Here’s how I aim to achieve this goal:
- Submit portion of M.A. thesis for consideration. Meanwhile…
- Read current articles to see what’s “hot”in the field right now
- Read author guidelines to see what’s expected
- Ask graduate student colleagues for submission advice
- Consult articles/websites/blog posts on submission process
- Consult faculty/mentors in field for advice
- Write top notch paper in upcoming graduate course
- Ask for faculty input and edits
- Edit and rework manuscript as needed
- Submit manuscript
- Cross fingers and wait!
Hopefully if I take these next steps I can achieve my goal. I guess we will have to wait and see.